I have auto-updates enabled on my computer. Today there were several for updating, but two failed. They are:
1)Security update for Excel Viewer 2003 (KB918425)
2)Security update for Office 2003 (KB917151)
I have checked 'Add and Remove' and they are not there. I am advised they are unable to be updated by the automatic update facility.
I downloaded them manually, but they also failed to instal.
I also restarted with no success, although the update icon disappeared from Quick Launch after restart
Could someone help please as this has never happened before to me.
The update is 2.3MB. I have 33GB free on C:/drive.
Thank you,
Hi Dough,
Thanks for answering, I know that site, and am a member, have read all about that in the past, but as I did not have a problem with updating/installing I thought "If it ain't broke don't fix it". so have you any other ideas? I hear or read, to wait days or even weeks before trying installing again, but in that time I could be invaded!
Thanks.
Do you have/use either of the products Excell Viewer, or Office 2003?
Are you swapping files used by those applications with others/strangers?
Are you downloading or viewing online pages that utilize those applications?
Do you "allow" either of those applications to have unfettered access to the Internet through your firewall?
Can you take a deep breath, mutter a mild insult against MS, and wait in line with the rest of us unsatisfied customers?
Nice seeing you around Tallin.
When will you be visiting your family?
Best Regards
Doug
Fly off with Emirates 11th August-
You make me laugh!
Answers in the order you asked them!
Yes, once in 10 years!
With strangers, NO not likely!
No.
No.
No:) MS should look after me first!
I'm always around, still waiting for your answer to the 'cookie keep' when cleaning temporary folder on computer problem! You said you were slow, but give me a break, I will be dead if you don't hurry.
Best regards, and you should pack up for the day and go home.
Tried to get through with a private message with no luck, either disabled or full in box
How are you Doug?
A quick note to say I was only joking when I wrote my last post. I found that using CCleaner with the options/cookies choice offered I do not loose my important cookies. It works well for me. I have not solved the update problem, but it is not a serious one. Computer is really running so well, so that is the least of my problems.
Best regards,
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI