Tom_q2356
Topic Starter
Dear everyone,
Thanks in advance for your help! I have not been able to get my Windows update since a couple months ago, I like to get this fixed.
Well, I have CAUTIOUSLY downloaded lots of nice softwares recently including Zonealarms, Avast and other utility softwares and I have completely removed McAfee from my PC with the help of search; McAfee never caught anything for me.
So the first problem I encountered was the "Active X" security setting thing. So I went to Tools, option and security and dropped the medium level for Internet to low, but it did not help. Then I went to http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/ webpage and followed the instructions carefully and tried to look for the answer myself, but nothing works either. I even tried the run of the following items:
regsvr32 scrrun.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
regsvr32 dispex.dll
regsvr32 msscript.ocx
still I could not get the update. So finally I did all three together: dropped the Internet security level to low, disabled ZoneAlarms and Avast. Nothing works and I got the following messege from Windows Update window.
"http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/unicode/iuctl.CAB?38166.9494328704
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…B?1088488210634
the publisher cannot be determined due to the problems below:
The trust provider is unknown or not configured properly."
Thanks for your high-skilled help.
Tom
Message Edited by Tom on 06-30-2004
Thanks in advance for your help! I have not been able to get my Windows update since a couple months ago, I like to get this fixed.
Well, I have CAUTIOUSLY downloaded lots of nice softwares recently including Zonealarms, Avast and other utility softwares and I have completely removed McAfee from my PC with the help of search; McAfee never caught anything for me.
So the first problem I encountered was the "Active X" security setting thing. So I went to Tools, option and security and dropped the medium level for Internet to low, but it did not help. Then I went to http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/ webpage and followed the instructions carefully and tried to look for the answer myself, but nothing works either. I even tried the run of the following items:
regsvr32 scrrun.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
regsvr32 dispex.dll
regsvr32 msscript.ocx
still I could not get the update. So finally I did all three together: dropped the Internet security level to low, disabled ZoneAlarms and Avast. Nothing works and I got the following messege from Windows Update window.
"http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/x86/unicode/iuctl.CAB?38166.9494328704
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…B?1088488210634
the publisher cannot be determined due to the problems below:
The trust provider is unknown or not configured properly."
Thanks for your high-skilled help.
Tom
Message Edited by Tom on 06-30-2004