This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Office updates issue and Outlook crashes

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I have an Acer Aspire 8940G laptop that I have had for over 3.5 years now and I'm sure it needs a bit of maintenance. I have had a couple of windows updates (KB2596764 & KB2596620) that for several months now never actually get installed. I shut down the computer as it has these two updates waiting to be installed but they're still there next time I boot up again. (I called the PCSAFETY 800 number but was told that they do not handle update issues.) I believe that these are Office updates. Here's my info: Intel Core i7 720QM @ 1.60GHz (1333 MHz FSB) 4 GB RAM Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250M video card 500 GB HDD About a month ago, I started getting BSODs. No pattern I can detect of when they happen. Just seems random: once while checking email via Outlook, twice while working on a PowerPoint presentation, once while playing Wow, and a couple of times while browsing net. **I just got help via the Windows forum on this site and hopefully have solved the BSOD issue by updating the Intel wifi card driver.** Also, Outlook has issues: if I have booted Windows up since last using Outlook, it starts up but soon after comes up with error saying it needs to shut down. If I have run it since the last boot, then it's fine. I'm using Office 2007 SP2 MSO (Part of Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007). Thanks! N

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI