Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Outlook Express Not Sending Email

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Marco25

Marco25

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:11 AM

With the new servers my isp has my smtp is no longer working via outlook express. ANyone else having a similiar problem, i don't have a choice but to use hotmail? I can receive fine!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:12 AM

With the new servers my isp has my smtp is no longer working via outlook express. Anyone else having a similar problem, i don't have a choice but to use hotmail? I can receive fine!

Hi Marco 25,

Sorry you are having problems with Outlook Express.

No, I am not having a problem and I run Outlook Express as you do.

Has anyone at your home or Office changed any settings at all?

I suggest you go to OutlookExpress>tools>Accounts>mail and check your account entry is secure. If it is, I then suggest you contact your ISP/SERVER to see if there is a problem their end.

Please get back to us if you need further help.

kind regards,.

#3 Marco25

Marco25

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:52 AM

Nope nobody changed anything all i did was subscribe to a new account due to the fact im at a different location, and my old account is still active. So i want to use my email address that i had for ages, but with the new servers at Bell i cant seem to have outlook work properly. It receives fine but does not send any email.

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:12 PM

Is your "old account" either AOL or some other proprietary Portal service? If so, you have to MAP the AOL email account, before your new server can access it. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.