This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Attention New Members

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I have had to put restrictions in place that will allow New Members to only reply to thier own posts, this is due to some new members giving advice which could lead to the destruction of someone's computer, Remember we give this advice freely and it is your choice to follow our instructions or not, any damage done to your computer is your responsibility.

Our experts have taken their time to help the users and this is a volunteer board but I cannot allow a new member to give advice anymore so that the users that come here get the real advice they need.


Anyone wishing to further their knowledge and to become a part of this community should look into joining the classroom.

We do not allow everyone that requests to join in but you may be the next one if you qualify. (No charges or fees involved)


Tom Coyote Wilson

Would it be possible to apply this restriction to certain forums such as the Hijack and other support ones? Like new users can still post in the open or gaming forums. And the suggestion forum too. :) I don't know much about these things, so I'm just throwing the question out there. :)
gmail has the user of the account to agree to having all email scanned, in and out, this is not acceptable to TC because TC has not agreed to that poliicy Gmail accounts will not be allowed to be used on this site, thank you for your understanding

I have had to put restrictions in place that will allow New Members to only reply to thier own posts, this is due to some new members giving advice which could lead to the destruction of someone's computer, Remember we give this advice freely and it is your choice to follow our instructions or not, any damage done to your computer is your responsibility.

Our experts have taken their time to help the users and this is a volunteer board but I cannot allow a new member to give advice anymore so that the users that come here get the real advice they need.


I am going to reverse this action but I will state this up front, any new member posting advice to someone else's log will have thier post deleted without notice.

There is no reason for a new member to post to someone else's hijackthis log post
Tom - I use to get good advice from texruss and you in the Dell Forum….I signed in as hockey4_mom. I have tried to post a hijackthis log in here on August 24th but got no response…….Is thsi typical when posting something in this forum?? Am I doing it right??? If not how should I post things so I can get a response?

Tom - I use to get good advice from texruss and you in the Dell Forum….I signed in as hockey4_mom. I have tried to post a hijackthis log in here on August 24th but got no response…….Is thsi typical when posting something in this forum?? Am I doing it right??? If not how should I post things so I can get a response?

Yes it is getting typical of all the anti-malware support forums.

We currently have a week or more of delay in helping people.

Not because we wish too, just the volume of people posting with problems.
hi, i am a new member, but think i am lost-my name is edelweiss and i posted on august 28,2004 at 503pm and got no replies. i think i may have not done the correct things to get a reply-my title is "insidious pest-what can i do?-can you help me? thanks,edelweiss