Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Responding To Other People's Posts

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 arcking

arcking

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:38 PM

I read somewhere on this board that if you don't have permission to post on someone else's post you can get kicked and that "New Members" are not allowed to help other people. Is this true?

For instance:
http://forums.tomcoy...showtopic=34475
If I were to say to get Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel or Codestuff Starter would I be in trouble?

Thanks!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 lamuskrat

lamuskrat

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:12 PM

I sure hope not , It would be kinda useless to be a member and not allowed to help. Just to come here and read would not benefit anyone. There is a post/statement redarding reviewing/evaluating HJT lodgs and responding to them. I am a member of SWI, and I don't respond to the logs.

#3 LDTate

LDTate

Grand Poobah

• Root Admin
  • 57,211 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:46 PM

I read somewhere on this board that if you don't have permission to post on someone else's post you can get kicked

Yes.

If you want to learn to help others, click the link and read about joining the Classroom
http://forums.tomcoy...showtopic=1421/

The forum is run by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Logs will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days

If you would like to paypal.gif for the help you received.

Proud graduate of TC/WTT Classroom

#4 arcking

arcking

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 04:51 PM

Even if its not a HiJack This question?

#5 lamuskrat

lamuskrat

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 08:25 PM

I guess I'm asking also. We cannot assist in any matter unless we are in the HJT classroom here? Even if we are in a HJT class elsewhere and standing members in other tech sites?

#6 wng_z3r0

wng_z3r0

MRU Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Cornet, video games

Posted 11 April 2005 - 02:58 PM

The idea is that we are trying to keep the boards as professional as possible. While you may have considerable technical skills, we don't know that. Also, it gets confusing for the victim if many people are giving contradicting suggestions. Like LD said, we are always open to new classroom members :D If you feel like posting help to people, but don't want to join a formal classroom, try the OTHER COMPUTER PROBLEMS section of www.castlecops.com wng Also, If you wish to help other people, and have had training at other forums, please pm one of these people: siggyx dgosling chrisrlg They will be able to assist you. wng

Edited by wng_z3r0, 11 April 2005 - 03:00 PM.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary #'s & those who dont
Just my 10 cents

Posted Image
Proud member of Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals since 2005

#7 Siggyx

Siggyx

SuperHelper

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:14 PM

Let me jump in here for a second. When it comes to the hijackthis log thread we ask that only helpers respond. If you are not a helper you may get banned from the forum. That goes for "helpers" from other forums. If you want to help on this forum with HJT logs you will need to join the classroom and move up the ranks and be approved to respond. How fast you move through the training is directly related to your experience. If you do assist on other forums your time in the classroom should be limited. When it comes to the other threads please feel free to chat. If you come across a hjt log in a different thread please dont respond to it. We try and point them to the right forum. The reason we ask people not to respond to a hjt thread is that once responded too it may get passed over by a real helper. Hope that clarifies things :D We are always looking for new classroom members to help join the fight.

Edited by Siggyx, 11 April 2005 - 07:16 PM.

#8 arcking

arcking

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 07:19 PM

Thanks! That sound right and I'm glad it has been clarified!

#9 wng_z3r0

wng_z3r0

MRU Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Cornet, video games

Posted 11 April 2005 - 08:23 PM

siggyx, are you saying that others can post in the "other computer problems" forums? wng
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary #'s & those who dont
Just my 10 cents

Posted Image
Proud member of Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals since 2005

#10 Siggyx

Siggyx

SuperHelper

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,776 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 09:41 PM

1.) Before posting, make sure you have read the New Members post. It's there for a reason.
2.) No flames will be tolerated
3.) DO Not post help to another user's hijackthis log unless you have been given permission to do so,
not following this guideline can get you banned from this forum
4.) This is NOT the area to post your Hijackthis logs, proceed to the following link: HijackThis Forum

The rule is not to hijackthis logs. It is up to the user to determine if they want to take someoens advise.

#11 lamuskrat

lamuskrat

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:52 PM

Thats what I said, I haven't responded to any HJT logs even though I'm in training now, but to respond to other issues (not related to HJT), I shouldn't have to join a classroom. So in order to help others here you do or do not require people join the HJT cassroom, even in other areas ie; hardware, software, and general posts regarding updates, etc.? Just tryig to stay on the good side of the Mods/Admins here, don't want to start off on the wrong foot.

Edited by lamuskrat, 12 April 2005 - 05:05 PM.