This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Download Directory

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

i have dl'd the program 5 times( and deleted it 4 x) it does not self install. Did a searchf or set.exe file doesnt find that. what am i doing wrong????
Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

Try this one:

Please delete any HijackThis Folders and Files you have now.

There's a new version of HijackThis.


Click the "Save" button.

Please put your HijackThis in it's own folder, (I create a new folder in C:\ named HJT).
You can do a Right Click on any open area on the desktop, New> Folder, then rename the folder HJT.

Open HijackThis and select: Do a system scan and save a log file.

When the scan is finished, Click Edit> Select All> Edit> Copy> and paste its contents in the HijackThis™ Logs and Malware Removal.
Sorry if this is in the wrong place(am new here). I tried this new version several times and get an error stating application has failed, can't locate MSVBVM60.DLL. I'm having bad spyware or adware problems and am a total "newbie" towards computers. Thank you for any help.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details…;displaylang=en

Click the Download button.

Instructions
Before starting the download, create a download directory on your computer.


Click the link to begin downloading. When prompted by the download software, choose the option Save this program to disk and click OK. Then select the directory you created on your computer.


Run the file from the download directory. When prompted, select the same directory you created on your computer. You will be expanding the contents of the EXE into this directory
Yes, I am really bad with this stuff:). What is a download directory and how do I create one, please? :scratch: Thank you for your quick reply earlier(even though I was posting wrong). I see how to do things here now. :blink:
First thing you need to do is stay in this Topic.
Please use the [external image: Posted Image] Button below to post a reply.


Keep in mind, Google is your friend. You can do searches using Google or Yahoo, like:
How to create a directory or folder

Give it a try and let me know if the information helps.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI