I had an extraction program on my computer and decided to uninstall it. The next day I had to do a system restore to a point before I had uninstalled this program (unrelated reason). The extraction program came back, but when I try to uninstall it again, an error message pops up saying it can't find the file needed to do the uninstall.
What can I do to remove the program?
What is the name of the program?
You can go to the actual folder location and delete the folder, but that will not clean up any Registry settings. So we need to see if we can find a utility designed to remove that program.
Well, depending on how you installed it, this could be easy, or not so easy. According the documentation here,
You can use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall UniExtract, or just delete the directory if you used the binary archive.
So since Add/Remove does not work, this suggests you can just navigate with Windows Explorer (drill down into the drive icon under My Computer) and delete the folder.
If during install you selected Internet Explorer integration (so you could right click on a compressed file and run Universal Extractor) you may also have to go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Manage add-ons and [hopefully be able to] delete integration from there.