This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

lost file

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a windows 98 operating system and when i try to access in the control panel this message comes up , 'cannot find the file 'C:\WINDOWS\rundll32.exe' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available. What can I do to restore the rundll32.exe file. I've tried the system file checker but nothing came up. Thanks in advance for any help

Hi Hootman

Found this article in MS support.

Link

That should be the solution you need.

Regards Abydos


Thanks for the infomation but it did't work, but I managed to extract the file from the win 98 cd and place it in the windows file and it fixed the problem
Regards Hootman

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI