Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can't Install Antamedia Internet Caffe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hurricane Andrew

Hurricane Andrew

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:11 AM

The server program of the Antamedia Internet Caffe got corrupted so I tried to reinstall it. When I run the installation file, it does not open, it just pop and close. What I did was right click the installation file and choose "Run as" then I choose the Admin account on my computer. The installer opens. But, when I choose "Install Internet Caffe Server", a pop-up window appears with a message that says "Failed to set sata for 'Caffe-Server'"... What could be the cause of this problem? What blocking the program and prevents it from being installed? Am running the installation file on my CD-ROM. I even uninstalled my Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware SE and AVG thinking one of them is causing the problem. Please help me with this matter. I urgently need to have my billing program up and running. Thank you and more power!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Hurricane Andrew

Hurricane Andrew

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:08 AM

Can some one help me here please?!

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:45 AM

Hi, Sorry to hear of the problem with your computer. I suggest you try this: 1 Close down your computer in the normal way 2 Wait 30 seconds with a black screen 3 Restart your computer 4 Log on to the Main Administrator account (not just an account with Admin privilidges) 5 Uninstall the troublesome programme. 6 Perform a disc clean up to remove all temp files, your cache etc (ATF-Cleaner by Atribune is good) 7 Reboot your computer, again log on to Main Administrator Account 8 Install your programme (make sure you have the latest version with all patches installed) Let us know how you go. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 04:58 AM

Have you contacted customer support?
http://www.antamedia.com/contact.php

"Something" corrupted the server program.
Have you run AntiVirus and AntiSpyware utilities?

I realize you listed Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware SE and AVG as items that you "turned off" thinking that one of them could be blocking the installation.
That is highly unlikely, except maybe Spybot TeaTimer (if you run that active) or Ad-Aware add-ons (if you have separately installed them).

I notice you posted a HJT Log back in February 2007, but did not follow-up with the possibly helpful instructions.
Have you posted this problem to any other Malware Removal Forum?

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#5 Hurricane Andrew

Hurricane Andrew

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:54 PM

Sorry for having not replied immediate. thanks for the help... problem is now fixed... God bless you all..

#6 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:28 AM

Hi Hurricane Andrew, That is good news, well done. For the benefit of all who read, and learn from the forums here on TomCoyote, are you able to share with us the solution that fixed the problem on your machine(s)? If so we would welcome hearing from you. Thanks Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate