This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Clicked on an ad by mistake

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey, I clicked on an ad by mistake on a torrent site(I know -.-) and it has led me to a whole bunch of issues. First, every few seconds something called "Eco_Install.exe" pops up asking for me to run it. Every time i hit don't run but it keeps popping up and stacking. Second, my programs are getting messed up. Opening hijakthis does nothing except for make an error window that says that windows cannot access the specified device path or file, you may not have permission etc etc. Whenever I try to run a scan with malwarebyte's antimalware, it crashes, and so does AVG. I can't do anything and this Eco_Install keeps spamming :( Help! EDIT: I realized I actually cant run any programs 2md EDIT: Just restarted, got an error message, liveup~2.exe the NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS:0000 IP:0077 OP:f0 37 05 0c 02
Open taskmanager (Ctrl/Alt/Del keys)> at the top left, click File> New Task> copy paste this in or type it in:
c:\windows\system32\restore
double click on: rstrui.exe
run it and find a date the pc worked.

Restart PC

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI