This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Java questions for dough

15 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

no I have been also doing the off line instalation too and that Is why I dont understand. J2se wont write over itself either.

Please do so now. [install JRE 1.5.0.11 etc.]
Remember to allow the JRE to be installed into exactly the same location that it is presently installed.

ok would java not have it install automaticly in the same place over and over again? the reason I ask is that I have always just accepted their downloads and then let them install it where they felt best. Is this a bad practice?
did all that you said….every bit of it. I have bothe j2se 5.0 (update 11) and 6.0 in c:\ techdownloads
they are offline too
Idid the clean up utility just as prescribed. 1 thing different. I di not have the 6.0 on so it did not show up. I only removed the j2se5.0 etc…
I then went to c:\techdownloads and ran the j2se 5.0 from there and it did do an install. I used the "typical" setting. went through it all and what do you know I got a pop up from the install saying:::
"Internal error 2762"
so I looked it up on google and found this http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.a…ticleid=q107550
so now, I understand there seems to be a problem here too, Alas I dont get the whole "fix" thing.
I do NOT believe I am qualified to do that anyway without your help or someone like you (and LDTate) to hold my hand…..Speaking of holding my hand…I know this has got to be frustrating for you too. but I promise I am doing all that you tell me to do and I thank yuo for taking the time and doing all that you are. PLEASE be aware I am the type that knows when I am beat and here I am you lead I follow…it just works best that way for me……..
enough hand holding! haha now what do I do?

Wait hold the phones Praise Jesus!!! it is gone..gone I say. I got the error I just told you about and went looking for what it might be….never went to uninstall. went to say to heck with it and I recalled your next words were next go uninstall it! I did that…see I am getting better at being led! well anyway thank GOD I was able to uninstall itit is gone!
ok, so, now, I can install the 6.0 or I can wait and see what you say…hmmm…oh fine I will wait.
oh thank you thank you thank you it is gone Dough you are a genius!!!!
uhmmm? Not sure if you're are waiting for an additional response here? My prior set of recommendations was complete to the best of my understanding of your current situation. If you've completed all of those recommendations, then you are now running with JRE 1.6.0.0. Is that the case? Best Regards
yes Dough, you are correct. I have followed and I now have j2se 6.0 on my computer. Thank You Thank You thank You. I can not believe that all this started from a simple question of what was best for a computer with xp on it. You have served me well and I hope someone on here will bennifit from my learning experiance. This was frustrating and you saw me through. thanks. :wavey: :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI