This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

IE and McAfee crash on opening

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hope you can help I've a problem that several programs including but not limited to: IE7, Outlook, McAfee AV & FW, Messenger, Steam crash on opening or very soon after. I used Hijack this a few days a go and killed a few suspect programs and it worked for a few days and I managed to do a scan with McAfee which revealed no problems but now it's back like it was. I've also run Hijack this again but can't see anything else obviously dodgy, log available if req'd. It also crashed asking me to email merjin when I tried to delete a program so have done that separately. Fortunately firefox works! many thx Mad
Hi Mad, Sorry we didn't get round to your question before you fixed it. Glad your machine is now running sweetly. Well done. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI