This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Help; Program keeps loading

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One Printer/Faxer/Scanner/ect.

About a week ago when my sister was on this computer, she had tried to print something out, but it wouldnt work for her. It made a Windows Installer always boot up when I log on to my name.

Problem: Every time I start my computer up, a Windows Progress Installer:Fax will start up. Im not sure how to get this to stop appearing every time I start my computer, but it makes it significantly slower when I start my computer, and I just want to not start up anymore.

I think it has to do with the scanner that I have, because the Fax option is only for my HP item.

Ill get the proper name of the program (its common, I've seen it before. Says you need the disk to make it load/do what it wants.) and post it here.

Thank you to anybody who helps, in advance. It is very appreciated.
Problem has been resolved, the Windows Installer has gone away. A new problem has occurred though.

Problem: When I start up my computer, it brings up a screen. It is the option to fill out a fax form. I can cancel it, but in seconds it will pop up again. After about 5 times it will go away, but it shouldn't be coming up anyways.

If there is a solution that can resolve this problem, please respond. THank you.
Do you think you could provide a better description of what exactly comes up? By this I mean what does the form say? What type of information are you asked to fill in?

We may be able to stop the program from coming up, but we need to know which program it is. You can download Microsoft Autoruns, which should give us a bit of information on what is loading at boot time.

Open up the utility, click Options|Hide Microsoft Entries, then click File|Save. Save the file to the Desktop and attach it here. This should give us enough information to see what is loading.

Regards,

Ax

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI