Hi guys, I have something going on with my computer. I constantly get runtime errors when I go to web pages. I have windows XP, I have downloaded and used easy cleaner, Ccleaner, spyware blaster, spybot search and destroy, Atf cleaner, Adaware,scan with F-secure weekly. I have Trend micro as my antivirus. Every time I start up the computer windows trys to install the fax machine (which is part of my printer) and now printer no longer works either. Please Help! Jody
What version of JAVA JRE Runtime Environment are you using?
Delete the older versions of Java and download the newest.
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components.
1. Close any programs you may have running, ESPECIALLY your web browser
2. Click Start > Control Panel.
3. Click Add/Remove Programs.
4. Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
5. Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
6. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove all versions of Java.
7. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Then download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Download JRE here(4th one down the list), which is JRE6u2, and click Yes at the page warning, then accept the Licence Agreement before downloading the Offline file.
After completing the download, install the new version of JRE.
O.K. uninstalled old java and installed new following the directions above and I still have run time errors "line whatever object expected or null". Any other ideas?
Runtime errors can be generated by various different sources, including the system BIOS, the operating system, hardware driver routines, or application software.
When a Runtime Error occurs, the Warning often provides additional information, regarding the application that may be causing the Error, and/or a Specific number related to the Runtime Error. (RunTime Error #35) Or it may relate the Runtime Error to a specific application, (Runtime Error in SOME-SPECIFIC-APPLICATION)
To determine the cause and possible remedy of your particular Runtime Error(s), we will need additional information from the Error Alert.
You provided am abbreviated reference that additional information is being made available to you:"line whatever object expected or null". <– We need that additional information specifically spelled out.
Please copy/paste or write down with a pencil the entire and exact error information to assist in identifying what specific error is occurring. Post that specific and complete information in your next reply.
Since Runtime errors can possibly be cause by Hardware, Operating system, BIOS, specific installed applications, or even heat, power supply… it is essential that as much relevant information be provided as possible.
For instance:
Type the exact Error information.
State what application or process you were running when the error occurred.
State if the Error only occurs at Boot.
State if the Error never occurs at Boot.
I get the run time error when surfing the net. Some web pages I get them some web pages I don't. One of the ones I get them on a lot is youtube and also NAXJA.
These are the following errors I got in the first 30 seconds before the paged even finished loading.
A Runtime error has occured, Do you wish to debug?
Line:1
Error: object required, took 7 times of clicking no before it went away, but if you drag the mouse over a certain link it pops right back up.
A runtime error has occured, do you wish to debug?
Line:114
Error: object expected
&
Line:115
Error: object expected
&
Line:95
Error:object expected
&
Line:217
Error:object expected
&
Line:215
Error: object expected
&
Line:113
Error:object expected
All of the above take several time of no before they will quit popping up and then half of the links don't work on the page. I also get another one not sure what line it is but the error say object is nul
I also can't email pictures, I have to upload to my photobucket and email from their web site. Matter of fact I can't email any attachments. I get a …….you guessed it!
A Runtime error has occured, do you wish to debug?
Line:13
Error: Library is not registered
Say no and it closes then I get….
A Runtime error has occured, do you wish to debug?
Line:468
Error: "remember" is null or not an object
Do you happen to have an Application installed on your machine called: Crystal Reports 8
Please have a look in your Device manager for any Yellow or Red warnings.
If any exist, please report back "specifically" which Device and which Driver is being Warned.
Please Run the Full Tests at PCPitstop and Post the TechExpress Link from your Results page:
http://www.pcpitstop.com
I'm going with this one. Will be able to make better decisons when the coffee kicks in! LOL
Actually both links work. I also fixed the fax machine problem, I just uninstalled the whole darn thing and reinstalled it.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI