Juliane
Topic Starter
I reinstalled XP Pro SP2 about 2 weeks ago, and have been trying to restore all my programs since then. Office was non-functional so I grabbed the 3-machine CD for Office Student/Teacher 2003 that I bought for my son's laptop, and tried to install it. It didn't work right the first install, so I pulled it off. In the meantime, I re-installed my HP 2210v all in one printer/scanner/fax. That worked fine. (I have the original CD - HP has not been good about releasing driver updates or any tech support - cheapskates that they are…)
Anyway, next I reinstalled Office 2003. That now works fine, but the HP software is messed up! I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but I get a message that the install failed, cannot find file specified when I plug in the USB. I have looked all over the net including the dreaded MS website but can't find anything definitive or a patch or work-around.
The Office 2003 has a whole suite of Tools included, like MS Document Scanning (THAT could be a conflict right there…) Picture Manager, Application Recovery, and more. Maybe that is the problem? But when I did a minimal install, the normal programs like Word & Excel didn't work, so I put all that other junk on too.
Thanks as always!
Juliane 