This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Blank Device Manager screen

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Would you know what might cause my Device Manager screen to be blank? I checked the Plug & Play option in Service Manager to make sure it was enabled and it was. I've recently had to uninstall and reinstall iTunes and MusicMatch and was trying to set up a Logitech QuickCam device. Everything seems to be working fine, i.e., networking, applications, etc. But, I can't see anything on my Device Manger screen to see what might be wrong with the QuickCam and why my system won't recognize it, even after updating the software and drivers from Logitech. Any ideas from anyone?? Thanks. Jlabram
Hi, You may have missing system files, I suggest you run the System File Checker to check all protected Windows system files. 1 Start 2 Run 3 Type in the box sfc scannow note the space between the c and the / is essential The scan will take about 20 minutes or so and if there are any missing or corrupted Windows Protected System Files found SFC will ask you for your Windows XP installation disc to copy the files from. If you cannot find your disc then it's OK to borrow one (just make sure it has the same level of Service Pack on it as is installed on your computer.) There are some work-arounds to this but getting the correct disc is by far the simplest method. Regards paws
Thanks, Paws. Unfortunately I only have my original Windows XP CD which doesn't have the updated SP's. Thanks for your help. I'll have to figure out how to get one. Jlabram

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI