liviou
Topic Starter
Hello guys, please help!!
I just installed a Creative webcam on my XP laptop and now get blue screen of dead each time I plug it (on the USB).
I initially just plugged the webcam and it took sometime before the led lighted (I guessed windows installed automatically some drivers).
I then installed the Creative software and it overwrite the existing drivers. Then it came: blue screen mentionning "omcamvid.sys"
So I think it has something to do with the driver. I wanted to check it and possbily remove it but I dont even see any cam device in my Device Manager!
(I only see a com8 with a yello "!" in front)
Should I delete System32\Drivers\omcamvid.sys?
Any idea on how to proceed here?
Oliver
I just installed a Creative webcam on my XP laptop and now get blue screen of dead each time I plug it (on the USB).
I initially just plugged the webcam and it took sometime before the led lighted (I guessed windows installed automatically some drivers).
I then installed the Creative software and it overwrite the existing drivers. Then it came: blue screen mentionning "omcamvid.sys"
So I think it has something to do with the driver. I wanted to check it and possbily remove it but I dont even see any cam device in my Device Manager!
(I only see a com8 with a yello "!" in front)
Should I delete System32\Drivers\omcamvid.sys?
Any idea on how to proceed here?
Oliver