Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Outlook Express Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Betty Boop

Betty Boop

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 08:18 PM

Outlook Express opens but when I go to New Message it gives me an error. The address book won't open. I tried deleting it by instructions I received at the Microsoft website and reinstalling Internet Explorer 7 but it did not work. Help

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:13 PM

Hello,

In order to facilitate the resolution of your issue, would you be so kind as to post the errors you are receiving?

Please also check the following Microsoft KB, if it applies:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280555

Thanks,

Ax

#3 Betty Boop

Betty Boop

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 03:21 AM

This article refers to Outlook not Outlook Express. I tried Recovery mode of Windows XP, I tried reinstalling Internet Explorer 6. I even changed the registry values in "Installed" programs to "0" so that it would reinstall Outlook Express and Internet Explorer 6. But it keeps telling me that a newer version is there and it will not continue. My OUtlook Express will receive messages but the Create message button gets an error and the Address book gets an error and I cannot open the downloaded messages except in preview pane

#4 Ax238

Ax238

Advanced Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:57 PM

Again:

In order to facilitate the resolution of your issue, would you be so kind as to post the errors you are receiving?

Thanks,

Ax

Edit: See if this applies: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917288

Edited by Ax238, 21 December 2006 - 01:17 PM.