This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Outlook Express error 0x800c012e 5

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi I've been trying to solve what I assumed was a virus or malware issue, but after running various Anti spyware software & having Hijack this logs looked,at, I've been advised to post this here. The main problem I still have is that I still can't open Outlook express, and so can't access all my outlook express folders and old e-mails (which is foolishly where I tend to store a lot of job info) and address book contacts. Every time I try to open OE I get the Error message 0x800c012e 5. It says roughly `OE can't be initiallised it may not be properly installed, or may not have enough disk space' (but my disk is 3/4 empty). There also seems to be a problem with the file mnisi.dll. I spoke to a mate who thought the probs. might be at least partly to do with my system folders being in a mess (whether this was caused by a virus or me not knowing enough - remains to be seen). So I've set up a new XP user account, so I can now open OE via the new user account but only a new empty version of OE, not my identity and it's contacts and folders. I've tried importing my old OE folders and address book into the new version - but it just says the file is empty or being used by another person. (when no other users logged on). I've tried searching for answers but they all seem to require opening OE to work, if anyone has any ideas on this or has had similar problems, I'd be extreemly grateful for your advise AltyLou
Hi Tallin Thankyou so much, it worked! PROBLEM RESOLVED I followed the link you suggested and then followed these instructions; Importing single dbx files into OE To backup and restore a single OE5 or 6 mail folder, save the appropriate dbx file. To restore, create a new folder in OE5 or 6 (call it archiv1, for example) and access it once. Then close OE and find archiv1.dbx and delete it. Make a copy of the folder you want to restore and rename it to archiv1.dbx. Then copy that file into the directory where the previous file was deleted. Open OE and the messages you wanted to restore will be accessible via opening that archiv1 folder. I'd already tried loads of other things like deleting the folders.dbx so I wasn't holding out much hope but it worked brilliantly! Thanks to you I've now been able to retrive all my old OE folders containing loads of essential work info as well as my partner's gardening bizness contacts etc. We can't thankyou enough, you're a total star. Altylou :thumbup:

Hi Tallin
Thankyou so much, it worked! PROBLEM RESOLVED
I followed the link you suggested and then followed these instructions;

Importing single dbx files into OE
To backup and restore a single OE5 or 6 mail folder, save the appropriate dbx file. To restore, create a new folder in OE5 or 6 (call it archiv1, for example) and access it once. Then close OE and find archiv1.dbx and delete it. Make a copy of the folder you want to restore and rename it to archiv1.dbx. Then copy that file into the directory where the previous file was deleted. Open OE and the messages you wanted to restore will be accessible via opening that archiv1 folder.

I'd already tried loads of other things like deleting the folders.dbx so I wasn't holding out much hope but it worked brilliantly!
Thanks to you I've now been able to retrive all my old OE folders containing loads of essential work info as well as my partner's gardening bizness contacts etc.
We can't thankyou enough, you're a total star.
Altylou

:thumbup:


Very pleased I was able to help :thumbup: Don't forget Google is your best friend.

best regards, ^_^

Hi tallin,
Nice fix!
Well done!
Regards
paws


Hi Paws,

Appreciate your post Paws, it is good to be able to help folk and especially have thanks offered for doing so.

regards,
I have the same problem..but I don't see dbx file..just dll files I'm running OE6 on my XP computer. also this problem has given me another problem in which I can not save logins at the website I use..I have to re-login every time I go to a website
Hi twigs, Welcome to the WTT forums, this is such an old topic (it was solved in 2007) that its important we identify the exact problem with Outlook Express you are experiencing: 1 Can you open Outlook Express? satisfactorily? 2 Have you tried creating a new user account via control panel>user accounts? 3 Have you done a search for all .dbx fileson your computer, you will need to search in hidden files and folders as well as normal files and folders. 4 Have you run sfc /scannow 5 Have you a Microsoft Windows XP operating system installation disc for your edition of Windows XP 6 Do you have Service Pack 3 installed and with all importaqnt updates installed? Post back and we will do our best to help. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI