This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

All My Photos Went Blurry

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi again I downloaded a program called Photo Resize Magic. All the photos in a particular folder were made smaller so they could be sent via email. All seemed well till a couple of days ago when I decided to put one of these photos onto my desktop…but it was all blurry on the desktop…so I went back into the folder of photos to select another one and they have all gone blurry. The more I try to fix them the blurrier they get and I can't undo any of it.
Do you have a copy of the originals at all. The size of the pictures are pixelating due to expanding the picture to above its natural size. What I would have done myself is resize them manually and then re-saved the modified pictures under a diff filename. That way you would have left you an original copy as well as creating the newly renamed resized one.

Depending on how much you shrunk them down you may find it very difficult to resize them back to their original size again without any loss of quality. Try downloading photofiltre from >> here, this is a small, fast loading, art program which you can try loading in the images you have shrunk to see if you can expand them back - or at least make them bigger !

For best results make sure you keep things in proportion and I would only increase the size in multiples of x2, for example - say if the origianl picture size is 50x75 then resize at 100x150, then try doubling the size again, dont say for instance resize the picture from 100x100 to 234x234

Hope this helps
Thankyou for your reply. Yes I realise now that I should have saved the originals. I downloaded Photofiltre but Im afraid my photos are too far gone. What I am still interested to know is, why did the whole folder of reduced photos, which were very clear and sharp, all of a sudden go blurry when an individual photo was put onto the desktop. I find this quite odd…what is a possible explanation.
Howdy, A photo is made up of many pixels, just like a TV screen. Its like when you put your face close up to the television, the TV picture goes blurry and you can see the individual pixels on the screen, but from a distance they merge into a viewable picture, the same is happening here. When you resize you are you are simply magnifying the pixels each time you zoom, so then it gets to a stage where the pixels begin to stand out more that the photo. Just as an edited note: The more pixels you have in a photo (the higher the resolution) the more you can magnify the image before it becomes pixelated. Hope this info helps

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI