This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

There were 4 now there are 6

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Yesterday I installed Microsoft LifeCam. In msconfig/startup I now have two extra items called vVX300 and LifeExp. Can I disable them and if I do will my webcam still work as well as it is now. Other than the above query my computer is running so well.
Hi Tallin, Depends on what "special effects" you wish to be using. The various "messenger" clients (yahoo, aim, msn) have "built in full duplex audio and support for Webcam. Your particular camera has some interesting/extra features for keeping your image in focus, etc. You'd have to try it out……. with and without……….. to see if you actually value the features. The Camera itself will probably integrate via USB quite nicely without installing the Microsoft software package. The first time I installed a Webcam, I thought I had to install "all that stuff". Cool games and video special effects stuff……………. they're gone now. Best Regards
Dough, I dowloaded and installed the software as it said to do, then went into Skype and my Son in Law was sitting there waiting for me so have not changed a thing. Spoke with wonderful video, audio, no delay to all in UK even the cat with not a problem so as I have loads of space on my hard disk would it be prudent to "if it ain't broke don't fix it"? :wavey:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI