This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

SiS Driver Updates

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I checked my Microsoft Updates yesterday and found that there were two Hardware updates to download and install.

One was for my Microsoft LifeCam Vx3000 camera, which I am not fussed about, but the other was SIS Video Software released in October 2007 2.1MB.

I have read around the forums that is is not wise to download and install hardware from Microsoft Updates, to go to the manufacturer and do it from their site.

My problem is I cannot identify the actual Video Driver from the SIS website.

I have no issues at the moment on the PC with anything, only found these new suggested updates when accessing MSUpdates.

The last time I downloaded and installed hardware on my Laptop suggested by MSUpdates the Laptop froze and I had to uninstall the two drivers. That is how I found out not to install Hardware suggested by Microsoft.

Opinion would be valued here please.

kind regards,
[external image: Posted Image]

I have no issues at the moment on the PC with anything

Then don't mess with it!!!

I discourage updating hardware drivers (regardless their source - whether Microsoft or the maker) except under the following condtions:

1. You are having problems that the new driver specifically fixes
2. The driver addresses a security issue
3. Your current drivers are corrupt

Since you are having no issues, and I have never seen graphics drivers with security issues, don't worry about it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI