This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

How to remove a driver?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just installed a Creative webcam on my XP laptop and now get blue screen of dead each time I plug it on the USB ("omcamvid.sys") So I think it has something to do with the driver. I wanted to check it and remove it but I dont even see any camera or webcam device in my Device Manager! Even if I list all hidden elements. Should I delete System32\Drivers\omcamvid.sys? Will this force the reinstallation of the Microsoft driver? Thanks for your help
No.. it will not. It should be in your add/remove programs in control panel. I have been running across an awfull lot of the same problem around here locally (not with Logitech persay). Each incidence has turned out to be the power supply. Now.. not that your problem specifically is the power supply but its never a bad idea to check it out once in a while.. make sure the fan is on and running smoothly really is about your course of action there.
hi Crow, Thanks for your advice, but I looked through all of the programs in the add/remove and didnt find any still related to my webcam. I removed already the 2 creative programs found there but the webcam still crash. Also when initially I plugged the webcam it didnt crash and windows installed its own driver. Its only when I installed the Creative software that I was prompt to confirm overwriting the existing driver. Then the BSOD came. Regarding the power, I used the USB port for different devices (HD, mouse, MP3) without any problem. I therefore think the power is reliable? Any idea on how to proceed now?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI