Hello,
Hope this is the right place for my situation. When I used the contact email form to ask for help I got back an auto-reply that said to post in the forums so here goes.
I submitted a registration request using an AOL email address. This was before I saw the notice about AOL's filters. Following the instructions in the notice I attempted to change my email address but wasn't allowed to do so because of "pending validation".
So now I'm in a Catch-22 here. I can't receive the validation email because AOL won't let it through, and I can't give a different address because I have to be validated first.
How do I resolve this? Could an administrator manually send me a validation email? Or manually change my email address?
Monique
P.S. I had to create a new userid in order to post this. The userid with the problem is Monique6ft. The non-AOL email address that should've gone with Monique6ft is the same one I'm now using for Trigo. My preference would be to keep Monique6ft and delete Trigo.
Thanks Micah!
Might as well keep going with another problem.
My registration here is in preparation for posting a HJT log. I'm following the recommended steps to take before posting a log and am getting stuck at the last step: the panda activescan. I've enabled everything I can find under the IE Security settings tab then rebooted but still get an error message saying there was a download problem. There are no popup blockers enabled. What else can I try?
Monique
I'd just skip the scan for now.
If you are a malware victim, it is possible the malware is responsible for your lack of success.
There are other tools available, should your helper discover that, in fact, you are a victim of malware.
P.S. - You might include this tidbit of info (the lack of being able to perform the Panda scan) in your thread with your HijackThis! log.
Woohoo, thanks so much Blair!
Micah, I clean out my temp files maybe once a month. Time to do it more often I guess.
If nothing bad is showing that's a relief. I'll have to explore some other avenues for addressing the slowdown. Maybe it's time for more memory.
Monique
Defrag? Uh, don't think I've ever done it on this laptop. It's only two months old and is never used for anything except email and websurfing. (By websurfing I mean googling or reading blogs. I don't mess with video or audio content.)
I can certainly do a defrag later today and see if that changes anything.
Monique
Okie Dokie
If it hasn't been defragged in a while, the 1st time you do it, it might take a long time (depending upon the state it's in, the size of the drive, the speed of the processor, etc…)
Just thought I'd give you a "heads up".
Personally, I clean the temp files daily, and defrag once a week.
Judging from your new nickname, you must be a tall lass.
I'm 6'4" myself.