This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Wrong address persists

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

On a WinXPsp3 PC in Outlook 2003, an email address was incorrectly entered as @cpxx…; it should have been @pcxx… The entry in the Address Book has been corrected but when I enter the addressee's name in the To box of a message and use Ctrl+K to lookup the address, the old/incorrect address is filled in. I can't find this old/incorrect address in my address book now. How can I remove this old/incorrect address from my system? (Note: I have seen the same thing in OE6 on friend's PC as well.)
Thanks, Ztruker. "Autocomplete" was the magic word I was missing in my searches for this problem. Unfortunately, the link to the "bug fix" is broken; presumably this would have said what to do when the list of autocomplete items matching the initial letters doesn't appear. In my case it just takes the first (which happens to be the wrong) item on the matching list so I didn't get the chance to just delete the incorrect entry. However, deleteing the NK2 file blows them all away and I can start afresh (and pay closer attention to my typos in future). Thanks again for getting back so quickly. You guys are so helpful.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI