Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91911 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Wrong address persists

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kangaroo

kangaroo

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:32 AM

On a WinXPsp3 PC in Outlook 2003, an email address was incorrectly entered as <username>@cpxx...; it should have been <username>@pcxx... The entry in the Address Book has been corrected but when I enter the addressee's name in the To box of a message and use Ctrl+K to lookup the address, the old/incorrect address is filled in. I can't find this old/incorrect address in my address book now. How can I remove this old/incorrect address from my system? (Note: I have seen the same thing in OE6 on friend's PC as well.)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,807 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 10 May 2010 - 12:23 PM

Hi roo, see if this helps: http://www.tech-reci...mail_addresses/

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#3 kangaroo

kangaroo

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 11:06 PM

Thanks, Ztruker. "Autocomplete" was the magic word I was missing in my searches for this problem. Unfortunately, the link to the "bug fix" is broken; presumably this would have said what to do when the list of autocomplete items matching the initial letters doesn't appear. In my case it just takes the first (which happens to be the wrong) item on the matching list so I didn't get the chance to just delete the incorrect entry. However, deleteing the NK2 file blows them all away and I can start afresh (and pay closer attention to my typos in future). Thanks again for getting back so quickly. You guys are so helpful.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,807 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:04 PM

The link works for me: How to reset the nickname and the automatic completion caches in Outlook

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.