FallenAngelV
Topic Starter
Background information: I have a Dell Inspiron 2200, with the standard D: drive, detailed as - 'TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L532B'. Under device type, it's listed as: 'DVD/CD-ROM drives'.
===
Hi there.
I wanted to ask a few questions about using DVD's as additional storage space for my files (all types; pictures, media, graphic work):
1) How do I use a DVD to store files? I assumed that I'd just insert the DVD, open the D: drive, and then copy/paste the files onto it, but when I tried it with some Sony DVD+RW [4.7GB] DVDs, it didn't work. Should I have done something else? Did the DVD need to be formatted, or something? Or are DVD+RWs incompatible with my Inspiron 2200 / storing files?
2) I recently bought 50 Verbatim 16x DVD-R [4.7GB] DVDs, but the store I purchased them from won't let me return them if they're opened. I need to know whether I can use them on my Inspiron 2200 to store files, without resorting to testing. Are they compatible?
3) If none of the DVD formats I've mentioned above will work on my Inspiron 2200 - What will, exactly? I have around 100GB of data I want to transfer onto DVDs (from my external hard drive), and I need to know which DVD formats/speeds will work for this. Can you give me some examples of formats that will work?
Thanks for your time.
===
Hi there.
1) How do I use a DVD to store files? I assumed that I'd just insert the DVD, open the D: drive, and then copy/paste the files onto it, but when I tried it with some Sony DVD+RW [4.7GB] DVDs, it didn't work. Should I have done something else? Did the DVD need to be formatted, or something? Or are DVD+RWs incompatible with my Inspiron 2200 / storing files?
2) I recently bought 50 Verbatim 16x DVD-R [4.7GB] DVDs, but the store I purchased them from won't let me return them if they're opened. I need to know whether I can use them on my Inspiron 2200 to store files, without resorting to testing. Are they compatible?
3) If none of the DVD formats I've mentioned above will work on my Inspiron 2200 - What will, exactly? I have around 100GB of data I want to transfer onto DVDs (from my external hard drive), and I need to know which DVD formats/speeds will work for this. Can you give me some examples of formats that will work?
Thanks for your time.