This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

putting files back on pc from dvd

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

The topic title may not best describe what I'm looking for, but here goes. I have put several music folders onto dvd as data files. My question however, is how do I put them back onto the pc from dvd and must they go to exactly the same drive and folder as before. Do I drag them across or do I use a programme to do this. I don't want to lose any of the files as most of them are irreplaceable. The files are in wav format. I moved them to dvd as a precaution against losing the data, but a lot of them need editing yet and they can't be edited from the dvd, or can they? I'm sure this seems a stupid question, but I'm not up on this type of thing and want to know what I'm doing before I start. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley
The ONLY way the files can be deleted from the disk is if it's a rewritable disk, in which case it can be erased and used again, otherwise the greatest risk is scratching\damaging the disk. Now you can drag and copy or select and copy, both are fine, and simply stick them in whatever folder you want, most will use the My Music folder, BUT, if you use an mp3 player, and more importantly software to load music to it (iPod\iTunes basically), then you will need to load the software and tell it to import the disk, the reason for this is the software can spit the dummy if it doesn't import them, so importing allows more control over tags etc, otherwise drag and drop is fine, hope this tells you what you need.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI