Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91982 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Ie 6.0 Sp1 Privacy Settings

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 T-Zero

T-Zero

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:45 PM

In the status bar of IE when you visit a page that attempts to download cookies that don't meet the criteria for the security privacy options an icon will appear. If you click on that icon it will give you a report of what it has blocked, accepted or just ignored. Problem you ask? Mine is behaving wonky. Sometimes it's working sometimes it's not. For example I can go to a page on my own web site that contains live news feeds. Sometimes it will block the cookies, other times it doesn't report anything. I just visited a news page at New Jersey Online and it did the same thing. On the first visit of the page it blocked no cookies and an advance.com cookies was set. The items for ad4, ad2 also byadvance.com, were not blocked nor were several others. On the second visit to the page it blocked everything listed. First visit out of 10 items in the list it blocked doubleclick and that was it. The second visit it blocked them all. In addition to the above, sometimes this privacy icon appears on a page and sometimes it doesn't even though I'm visiting the exact same page. Running an IE repair in System Tools makes no difference. I've not changed any of my security/configuration settings in either IE nor Spyware Blaster, AdAware or S&D and when I check they have not changed on their own. The only thing I'd done in between page visits was to open Spyware Blaster to check the IE block list(s) to see if ad4, ad2, advance, etc. were listed in the default listings and then close it. But, I've tried launching and closing SB previously when this occurred to see if that would kick IE into gear but it seemed to make no difference. Same went for opening and closing the other spyware utilities. So! I don't know if they're not "linked" to IE correctly or vice versa or if it's strictly an IE problem. Utility scans and update checkes etc for all utilities work fine. This only began to occur after I installed and updated SpyBot S&D on 04/21. Any idea what's up with this IE wonkiness?

Edited by T-Zero, 22 April 2004 - 10:18 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove