This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't view websites

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Using both Firefox and Internet Explorer, I can't view some website I frequent while others are perfectly ok. In fact, I can't even come to this website on that particular computer. There are three computers set up on the same network. 2 of them are 'affected' by the same issue, but one is not. I get an error asking me to 'Check my internet settings' within Internet Explorer. Obviously I am connected to the internet, just some requests seem to be blocked. Malware Bytes comes back clean, but because of the aforementioned issue, it will not allow me to update it to the latest version. Any help you can provide for this issue will be welcomed. -Deacon
That was exactly the issue. The fix you gave corrected it. Question: How is it possible for this to happen on two different computers on the same overnight without the third being affected? My computer was in stand-by all night, before which, I checked my e-mail (One of the sites that wouldn't load) and the other computer was shut down all night. -Deacon
Sorry, I don't know how it happened. Usually it's caused by uninstall a program that does not correctly remove itself from the Winsok list. Glad that fixed it for you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI