This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't access site, as "http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/clk;

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

I'm trying to access a page on a banking site (don't know whether the page is supposed to be secure or not), but the page, in a new IE7 pop-up window, is continually blocked.

I've done the following:
1. Run the Microsoft FixIt tool to reset my MVPS hosts file back to the default and re-booted;
2. Disabled Spybot S & D's hosts file and re-booted; and
3. Removed all examples I can find, in IE7, of "ad.uk.doubleclick.net" in the "restricted sites" zone and added it to the "Trusted sites" zone and re-booted.
Tools > Internet Options > Security > Restricted sites/Trusted sites > Sites

However, I still can't access the page.

I don't know what else could be blocking me.

Is abbey.com > [Current offers] Bank Account 6% AER blocked for anyone else? The site has the highest WOT ratings and is part of a global banking group, so should be trustworthy.

Can anyone help?
No its not blocked.

But, it also doesn't open in a pop-up and it also doesn't display anything from the ad-server doubleclick.net.

Please visit the malware removal forum because you have adware on your computer from the sounds of it.

Read Here

Post a new thread here.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI