JadedZXTwice
Topic Starter
Hello,
Last night my IE7 explorer frozed up. I immediately signed off ASAP. While signed off I went to look at my history, etc, sites and in the middle of this IE7 signed me back on. I noticed it said something like internet speed or speed internet with a site shown in the status bar. My trendmicro immediately said to exit my browser which I did. I blocked the site and ran a full scan, nothing was found.
However I have my home page set to about blank and when I look at how my preferences are for my cookies it has totally overruled my setting and has unblocked all my sites, so I go back and block them again.
Here is my hijack log,
Thank you in advance
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 13:38, on 2007-12-24
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16574)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\PcScnSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\tmproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\pccguide.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CA4F0D8D-5F2B-4F16-838A-8D52249EAB21} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vturoll.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\pccguide.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O16 - DPF: {C946EF6D-296D-4907-A6E1-ED0E8E5AF024} (LycosMail Upload Control) - http://mail.lycos.com/hanmail-ax/AttachMail.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: vturoll - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\vturoll.dll
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Protection Against Spyware (PcScnSrv) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\PcScnSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
–
End of file - 3165 bytes
P.S.
I also wanted to add that I downloaded combofix and it saved a dll titled vturoll.dll
Spybot has detected virtumonde. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Last night my IE7 explorer frozed up. I immediately signed off ASAP. While signed off I went to look at my history, etc, sites and in the middle of this IE7 signed me back on. I noticed it said something like internet speed or speed internet with a site shown in the status bar. My trendmicro immediately said to exit my browser which I did. I blocked the site and ran a full scan, nothing was found.
However I have my home page set to about blank and when I look at how my preferences are for my cookies it has totally overruled my setting and has unblocked all my sites, so I go back and block them again.
Here is my hijack log,
Thank you in advance
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 13:38, on 2007-12-24
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16574)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\PcScnSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\tmproxy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\pccguide.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {CA4F0D8D-5F2B-4F16-838A-8D52249EAB21} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\vturoll.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\pccguide.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O16 - DPF: {C946EF6D-296D-4907-A6E1-ED0E8E5AF024} (LycosMail Upload Control) - http://mail.lycos.com/hanmail-ax/AttachMail.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: vturoll - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\vturoll.dll
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Protection Against Spyware (PcScnSrv) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\PcScnSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~2\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
–
End of file - 3165 bytes
P.S.
I also wanted to add that I downloaded combofix and it saved a dll titled vturoll.dll
Spybot has detected virtumonde. Looking forward to hearing from you!