This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Can anyone help me please

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Im having a few problems asigning an IP Address to a laptop, if I give it a static IP I can ping the gateway and the outside world, however when I go on the net I get an error message saying problem with DNS. If I try to get an IP Address via DHCP i get a 169.x.x.x address, if I try to ipconfig /renew I get this message. I double checked to make sure I had used the correct IP, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway and DNS address's.

An error occured while renewing interface Local Area Connection: An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.

I have removed and reinstalled the drivers for the LAN card in the device manager, I have down loaded the latest drivers.

I have never seen this message before and hoped one of you guys could give me some advice as to what I could try.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you may have.

Ogster.
Nottingham
UK
Thanks for the reply I will use the Winsock XP fix option and hopefully that will fix it. Once again thanks for you help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI