Hello!
I have this problem with my HP Windows Vista Home Premium OS (Service Pack 2): I turn the computer on, and it works perfectly. Then, all of a sudden, I get the limited to no connectivity problem, and there's nothing I can do to solve it (i.e. resetting the network adapter) but to restart the computer.
Sometimes I'd be able to use the internet (wireless, I should add) for hours, sometimes it gets messed up in 30 minutes.
Also, for now I'm using static ip, since I get the 169.x.x.x when I let windows get its own ip.
So, what I want is the network issue to be solved completely, not having to restart the computer and stop using static ip if possible.
Things I did but didn't change anything:
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
- uninstalling/reinstalling drivers and network adapter
- Changing the value of DhcpConnForceBroadcastFlag from 1 to 0 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\[GUID] using regedit
- Uninstalled recent installed programs
This is what I get when I do ipconfig /all (the internet is working now)
C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig /all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Kyox77-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 7:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1C-DF-DD-FE-B3
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::6474:28d1:c4e7:61a%18(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.5(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 301997279
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-FD-1D-9A-00-1F-C6-2B-52-FC
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 16:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:4137:9e76:18c2:3e24:bd41:a573(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::18c2:3e24:bd41:a573%11(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
————————————
This is what I get when I put the DHCP enabled:
C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig /all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Kyox77-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection 7:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Belkin Wireless G USB Network Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1C-DF-DD-FE-B3
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::6474:28d1:c4e7:61a%18(Preferred)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.6.26(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 301997279
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-12-FD-1D-9A-00-1F-C6-2B-52-FC
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 16:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
==============================
Any ideas would be appreciated
Oh! I should add that I don't think it is a router problem, since I have a XP machine working perfectly and the issue only happens on the Vista computer.
Is WLAN Autoconfig service running? That's the Windows 7 equivalent of Wireless Zero in XP.
Yes. It is enabled and set as "Automatic".
Found this: 5th answer in this thread:
http://www.techrepublic.com/forum/questions/101-214797
In the Properties dialog box, on the Networking tab, in the This connection uses the following items: area, click to clear check mark from Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6). Click OK.
Then…..
Change the adapter settings for TCP/IPv4.
In the Network Connections window, right-click the network connection you are trying to use (Wireless or Local Area Connection), and then click Properties.
View Picture
In the Properties dialog box, on the Networking tab, click to select your network connection, and then click Configure.
View Picture
In the Controller Properties window, click the Advanced tab.
View Picture
On the Advanced tab, in the Properties area, click to select and then change the value of any option with an option of (IPv4) to Disabled. Click OK. The usual items to look for are: IPv4 Checksum Offload, TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4), UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4).
View Picture
Shut down Windows, restart the computer, and then try connecting to the Internet.
I have tested this on multiple platforms and has worked each time.