Ok i am on a MacBook Pro with microsoft XP Pro. i downloaded a folder from DC++ and now it wont go away.
Basically no matter what I try all i get is "Cannot delete file: Cannot read from the source file or disk."
SOOOOOOOOOO I went into safe mode (restarting and pressing F8) still did not work. Then i went into DOS and typed "del C:\OSX-XP Files\Trash\The Sound Of Animals Fighting - Lover, The Lord Has Left Us..(Advance) - 2006\The Sound of Animals Fighting - Lover, The Lord Has Left Us.." I get the message back that says
"The system cannot find the path specified."
soooo now what? I am not a genius in computers but im not an idiot and no matter what i do it just wont go away. i tried the "moveonboot" app and that did nothing … i asked around my campus and everyone gives me advice but nothing works. this is not the typical file where you can just go to "ctrl+alt+delete" close anything weird that might be using it and then delete it. i tried turning off explorer.exe … this is just getting ridiculous … please help me!!!!!!!!
this has nothing to do with mac osx … this is a problem in Microsoft XP … and yes i have tried renaming it
nothing happens and i get the same error that it cant read from source
i have tried both programs and both do not work … killbox does nothing after reboot and the other program says i cant delete it with the particular license i have.
anyother ideas?
As I understand it this is the folder you wish to delete:
C:\OSX-XP Files\Trash\The Sound Of Animals Fighting - Lover, The Lord Has Left Us..(Advance) - 2006\The Sound of Animals Fighting - Lover, The Lord Has Left Us..
Can you move all files/folders "out of the way", then remove this folder (farther "up the tree", so to speak):
C:\OSX-XP Files\Trash\The Sound Of Animals Fighting - Lover, The Lord Has Left Us..(Advance) - 2006\The Sound of Animals Fighting - Lover, The Lord Has Left Us..
I don't know if this is possible, but something to consider.