This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Unable to delete .sig file!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi all, I am using Windows 7 Home Basic version on my HP Compaq laptop. I have a file on my computer in Documents folder named "CN_20110423_DL8529_MCX9260_0.sig" whose size is showing as 0 KB. Now, if I try to delete that file that gives a validation "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\Users\Vijay\Downloads. Verify the item's location and try again." It also gives 2 button in the bottom which says Try again and Cancel. I tried to scan the file with Norton Antivirus (Virus definition files are up to date) but it doesn't shows any risks). I am also pretty sure that this is not a virus or worm but a word file for mac (what i believe). But the issue is I am not able to delete. Can anyone please help me? The RAM in my laptop is 4GB.
Hi -

Let's see exactly what is in the \Downloads folder.

START | type cmd.exe | RIGHT-click on cmd.exe above under "Programs" | "Run as Administrator" | type/ paste the following -
echo [codebox]>0 & dir "%userprofile%\downloads" /a/o:n/q/x >> 0 & echo [/codebox]>>0 & start notepad 0
A Notepad will open with the results. Paste the content into your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`
Thanks jcgriff2 for the quick response and sorry for replying late on this. Actually, this issue is happening on my laptop in my native place where I go every weekend and I work outside my native place on weekdays and live there where this issue is not happening. I will let you know the results after I go to my native place.
First of all thanx to jcgriff2. But it only shows whats in the Folder. Here's a Quick Solution. START | type cmd.exe | RIGHT-click on cmd.exe above under "Programs" | "Run as Administrator" | type/ paste the following - go to the folder by using the command prompt commads. Eg. if you in C:\Users\Username Type cd desktop to go to the desktop dir wanna search the whole Username folder type dir or dir/p when you reach the place where the sig file is. Just type "del *.sig" only the onces in colons without the colon. Thats it. The sig file/s are deleted. Hope this helps you. This is the way i deleted the sig file on my computer after i read what jcgriff2 had written.
Thanks tdck and jcgriff2. I was able to delete that .sig file from command prompt. Can you please let me know, why was I able to delete the file from command prompt and not from Windows Explorer?
Hi all, I have a similar issue again. Now, there is a folder in C: which is named as vijay photos. I am not able to open, delete or rename the folder. It says "Access is Denied. You need permission from computer's administrator to make changes to this folder" It is not getting renamed, deleted or opened from Command Prompt also. Please help me in this problem.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI