This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't Delete?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of these files short of re-formatting? Thank you John :scratch: PS I tried to paste the screen in but that don't work ————————— Error Deleting File or Folder ————————— Cannot delete doom 3 iso full game (id software): It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again. ————————— OK —————————
Why would you have a doom3 iso unless you were pirating the software? This is not legal and I don't condone it at all.
I tried the safe mode and could not kill the files. ( My Kids had a program on the pc I did not know about) Just want to get my HD space back :unsure: Is there a program running somewhere?
this may or may not be the case, but its perfectly legal to make backup copies for yourself of any cd/dvd that you have purchased and own.

this may or may not be the case, but its perfectly legal to make backup copies for yourself of any cd/dvd that you have purchased and own.

195216


True.. I should be helping not pointing fingers.
(I have 3 teen kids myself. 19/16 & 14)

Now to help..

Use Pocket killbox to delete it.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/spyware/KillBox.zip
Unzip it to the desktop and run it

Use the folder icon to browse to the ISO
Try Delete On Reboot option first.

Then click the Red Circle with an X.

Let us know if the file was deleted..
Yes that did it. Thank you and belive me, we had a class about putting junk on my pc. Explaned what would have happened if I caught a virus and lost my data, :rant: ( Of course i back my stuff up, but they don't need to know that :D Thanks again :thumbup:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI