This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Norton Internet Security and spybot, adaware compatible?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have norton Internet Security2005. Can I also download Spybot and adaware personal Se and install? My son in law bought Norton Internet Security 2006 and found that he had to remove Spybot from his computer as Norton would not install unless he did so. Please help Thanks
Off hand, I would say that the answer to your question is, "YES". I had Norton 2004, and had no problems. When I upgraded to Norton 2006 I had a problem, but it wasn't with Ad-Aware or Spybot (which I left installed). The problem I had was because there was a registry key that the upgrade didn't take into account that I had to manually remove. Well… Let me back up a step… :oops: I installed OK, it was that it when I updated the definitions the "Last Update" date never changed. I had to "Uninstall", remove the registry key, then re-install, and all was OK. :)
I have the NIS 2005 and run both programs…..
The first time your on the internet and the program opens it will set a firewall rule…..
Your son's will do the same…..
If he removed Spybot……..download it again…..

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI