Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Norton Internet Security and spybot, adaware compatible?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tej

Tej

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:53 PM

I have norton Internet Security2005. Can I also download Spybot and adaware personal Se and install? My son in law bought Norton Internet Security 2006 and found that he had to remove Spybot from his computer as Norton would not install unless he did so. Please help Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:08 PM

Off hand, I would say that the answer to your question is, "YES". I had Norton 2004, and had no problems. When I upgraded to Norton 2006 I had a problem, but it wasn't with Ad-Aware or Spybot (which I left installed). The problem I had was because there was a registry key that the upgrade didn't take into account that I had to manually remove. Well... Let me back up a step... :oops: I installed OK, it was that it when I updated the definitions the "Last Update" date never changed. I had to "Uninstall", remove the registry key, then re-install, and all was OK. :)
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#3 Juliet

Juliet

SuperHelper

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 7,686 posts
  • Interests:Boo!....
  • MVP

Posted 17 April 2006 - 04:10 PM

I have the NIS 2005 and run both programs.....
The first time your on the internet and the program opens it will set a firewall rule.....
Your son's will do the same.....
If he removed Spybot........download it again.....

Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings...

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2016, WI-MVP 2016-17
Antivirus Scanners Online Scanners Firewalls Slow Computer??

#4 Tej

Tej

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:25 PM

Thanks for the prompt replies. I shall ask him to re-install spybotS&D. Shall let you know how it goes. Thanks again