This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Norton Antivirus Software Protection

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Norton Antivirus software

I am still a newbie here so I hope I am putting this in the right thread.
With the help of you good people I now have my two computers cleaned. And in doing so I used the Norton Antivirus software 15 day trail to protect my computers… so now I want to purchase it for one year.

So my question is… if I do choose to purchase this online… will I be able to use it on both of my home computers?

Any other ideas are welcome too!
Thanks in advance, Jodi

B)
Hi Jodi, :wavey:

Usually to use software on more than one computer, you need to buy more than one license.
So, if you buy only one, you are not entitled to use it twice.

If the thought of buying two Norton subscriptions makes you cringe,
there are several free (for personal use(not corporate)) anti-virus programs out there.

Two that I have used are: Both are quality programs.

Make sure you have a personal firewall as well.

Hope this helps.
m

Hi Jodi, :wavey:

Usually to use software on more than one computer, you need to buy more than one license.
So, if you buy only one, you are not entitled to use it twice.

If the thought of buying two Norton subscriptions makes you cringe,
there are several free (for personal use(not corporate)) anti-virus programs out there.

Two that I have used are:

Both are quality programs.

Make sure you have a personal firewall as well.

Hope this helps.
m


Thank you so much… especially for the direct link to AVG. Sometimes I have a difficult time finding the proper download.

You were very helpful… thanks again! B)
have you plumped for the avg free av program?

of interest, you can also do an on-line scan with trend micro

trend micro

just pick your country from the global site list then load it and let it scan away; it IS FREE and is NOT installed on your comp so is 'safe' to have 'on board' as well as your chosen av program; the first time running it it may take some time to load up all the definitions; :wavey:

(ps; I for one (and I am not alone in this) do NOT like Norton ; I think it is overrated and can hog the comps resourses)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI