This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Do i need a other spyware removal program?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

i got a new laptop and i downloaded comodo internet security ( & system cleaner) which i had luck, on my other computers. I only use this laptop when i am out of town, for basic email and general web surfing. What would you guys recommend to help with spyware and to keep the laptop in tip top shape? I appreciate the help brandon
Yes i plan on either backing up on a disk, or would you recommend i get a cheaper external harddrive? update: the new laptop is vista..
Hi greco400,

I am a backup freak to be honest. I would not dare own a computer without full image backup on both.

My way is the most simple, however does cost $$ initially to set up, but such a good investment and peace of mind with the added bonus of being automatic once configured and set up as you want it.

In short it is Ghost or Acronis image backup software onto an external hard drive or internal removable whichever you require. Of course as yours is a Laptop, external is the way to go. Read all about both, I can recommend both as I use Ghost on the PC and Acronis on the Laptop.

You do not need the latest if you choose either, the earlier versions are relatively cheap now, I run Ghost 12 and Acronis 10. There are much later versions now released, but both mine are working well, the PC with an internal removable HD and of course the Laptop with an external HD.

Post with your observation in reply to the suggestions here.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI