This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Java

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am having a major problem with Java, I am wanting to play games on POGO or some other places and its saying my Java is not working or its not installed. But it is installed?? Any Ideas? :unsure:
Completely uninstall your present version of Java using Add/Remove.
Download and install the current version, which is (Java Runtime Environment Version 5.0 Update 6), here:
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
Well I did exactly that. At first the game started loading up, and it said Loading which is further than I have gotten before. But tha game wasn't loading up. I clicked out of it and retried. I got the same error as earlier.

The following error has occurred:
Java Not Found or Not Working
Explanation:
This error means Java (one of the technologies built into most browsers) is not working correctly on your browser.

You must have Java installed on your computer in order to run Pogo games, and it must be functioning properly. Either you don't have Java installed yet, or the Web browser you're currently using doesn't support Java or you have Java (or Javascript) disabled in your browser.

How to Fix the Problem:
Java is a free download that is required to play Pogo games. Not all computers come with Java pre-installed.

If you haven't played Pogo games before and are getting this error, you probably just need to install Java on your computer.
For instructions on installing Java for your operating system and browser click here.

If you believe Java might be installed but disabled for your browser, please be sure to enable the plugin for your browser. If you need help, click here.

If you already have Java installed and it is not disabled, your Java may be out-of-date or is no longer working. In that case, your Java might need to be upgraded or reinstalled. If you need help, click here.


Please Help :)
Part of the information that you quote recommends that you install or update your Java.
Part of the information recommends that you make sure that it is not disabled.
In your Browser settings, be sure that Java is not disabled.

in IE, go to Tools-Internet Options - Security Click on the Internet Icon (the globe) then click on Custom and read through the list of settings to be sure that Java is not disabled.

If you believe Java might be installed but disabled for your browser, please be sure to enable the plugin for your browser. If you need help, click here.

If you already have Java installed and it is not disabled, your Java may be out-of-date or is no longer working. In that case, your Java might need to be upgraded or reinstalled. If you need help, click here.


Let us know how you are progressing.

Best Regards

Part of the information that you quote recommends that you install or update your Java.
Part of the information recommends that you make sure that it is not disabled.
In your Browser settings, be sure that Java is not disabled.

in IE, go to Tools-Internet Options - Security Click on the Internet Icon (the globe) then click on Custom and read through the list of settings to be sure that Java is not disabled.

If you believe Java might be installed but disabled for your browser, please be sure to enable the plugin for your browser. If you need help, click here.

If you already have Java installed and it is not disabled, your Java may be out-of-date or is no longer working. In that case, your Java might need to be upgraded or reinstalled. If you need help, click here.


Let us know how you are progressing.

Best Regards


I tried that and nothing. I still get that error. :(

Download and install the current version, which is (Java Runtime Environment Version 5.0 Update 6), here:
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp


What's weird is after I installed this, right next to it is a verification link, it says restart your pc and then click this to verify java is working properly. I did exactly that and it verified that my java was working fine. :unsure: But again I get that error. :o
Internet Explorer 4.x and Up

1.)Click "Tools" –> "Internet Options"
2.)Select the Advanced Tab, and scroll down to "Java (Sun)"
3.)Check the box next to the "Use Java 2" version
4.)Next, select the Security Tab, and select the "Custom Level" button
5.)Scroll down to "Scripting of Java applets"
6.)Make sure the "Enable" radio button is checked.
7.)Click OK to save your preference.

Next is a problem I used to have while trying to play and it was corrected if I disabled my firewall to allow it to load then I re-enabled it after.

Internet Explorer 4.x and Up

1.)Click "Tools" –> "Internet Options"
2.)Select the Advanced Tab, and scroll down to "Java (Sun)"
3.)Check the box next to the "Use Java 2" version
4.)Next, select the Security Tab, and select the "Custom Level" button
5.)Scroll down to "Scripting of Java applets"
6.)Make sure the "Enable" radio button is checked.
7.)Click OK to save your preference.

Next is a problem I used to have while trying to play and it was corrected if I disabled my firewall to allow it to load then I re-enabled it after.

:wavey: thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately it didn't work :( I don't know what else to do :unsure:
Ok I found out what the trouble was. I checked my addons and for some reason, java was disabled? lol I must've done it a while ago and forgot. Thanks for your help again! :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI