Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Java

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Shax

Shax

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:11 PM

I am having a major problem with Java, I am wanting to play games on POGO or some other places and its saying my Java is not working or its not installed. But it is installed?? Any Ideas? :unsure:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:46 PM

Completely uninstall your present version of Java using Add/Remove.
Download and install the current version, which is (Java Runtime Environment Version 5.0 Update 6), here:
http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Shax

Shax

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:01 PM

Well I did exactly that. At first the game started loading up, and it said Loading which is further than I have gotten before. But tha game wasn't loading up. I clicked out of it and retried. I got the same error as earlier.

The following error has occurred:
Java Not Found or Not Working
Explanation:
This error means Java (one of the technologies built into most browsers) is not working correctly on your browser.

You must have Java installed on your computer in order to run Pogo games, and it must be functioning properly. Either you don't have Java installed yet, or the Web browser you're currently using doesn't support Java or you have Java (or Javascript) disabled in your browser.

How to Fix the Problem:
Java is a free download that is required to play Pogo games. Not all computers come with Java pre-installed.

If you haven't played Pogo games before and are getting this error, you probably just need to install Java on your computer.
For instructions on installing Java for your operating system and browser click here.

If you believe Java might be installed but disabled for your browser, please be sure to enable the plugin for your browser. If you need help, click here.

If you already have Java installed and it is not disabled, your Java may be out-of-date or is no longer working. In that case, your Java might need to be upgraded or reinstalled. If you need help, click here.

Please Help :)

#4 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:39 PM

Part of the information that you quote recommends that you install or update your Java.
Part of the information recommends that you make sure that it is not disabled.
In your Browser settings, be sure that Java is not disabled.

in IE, go to Tools-Internet Options - Security Click on the Internet Icon (the globe) then click on Custom and read through the list of settings to be sure that Java is not disabled.

If you believe Java might be installed but disabled for your browser, please be sure to enable the plugin for your browser. If you need help, click here.

If you already have Java installed and it is not disabled, your Java may be out-of-date or is no longer working. In that case, your Java might need to be upgraded or reinstalled. If you need help, click here.

Let us know how you are progressing.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#5 Shax

Shax

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:51 AM

Part of the information that you quote recommends that you install or update your Java.
Part of the information recommends that you make sure that it is not disabled.
In your Browser settings, be sure that Java is not disabled.

in IE, go to Tools-Internet Options - Security Click on the Internet Icon (the globe) then click on Custom and read through the list of settings to be sure that Java is not disabled.

Let us know how you are progressing.

Best Regards

I tried that and nothing. I still get that error. :(

Download and install the current version, which is (Java Runtime Environment Version 5.0 Update 6), here:
http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp

What's weird is after I installed this, right next to it is a verification link, it says restart your pc and then click this to verify java is working properly. I did exactly that and it verified that my java was working fine. :unsure: But again I get that error. :o

#6 Juliet

Juliet

SuperHelper

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 7,686 posts
  • Interests:Boo!....
  • MVP

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:30 PM

Internet Explorer 4.x and Up

1.)Click "Tools" --> "Internet Options"
2.)Select the Advanced Tab, and scroll down to "Java (Sun)"
3.)Check the box next to the "Use Java 2" version
4.)Next, select the Security Tab, and select the "Custom Level" button
5.)Scroll down to "Scripting of Java applets"
6.)Make sure the "Enable" radio button is checked.
7.)Click OK to save your preference.

Next is a problem I used to have while trying to play and it was corrected if I disabled my firewall to allow it to load then I re-enabled it after.

Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings...

MS - MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2016, WI-MVP 2016-17
Antivirus Scanners Online Scanners Firewalls Slow Computer??

#7 Shax

Shax

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:22 AM

Internet Explorer 4.x and Up

1.)Click "Tools" --> "Internet Options"
2.)Select the Advanced Tab, and scroll down to "Java (Sun)"
3.)Check the box next to the "Use Java 2" version
4.)Next, select the Security Tab, and select the "Custom Level" button
5.)Scroll down to "Scripting of Java applets"
6.)Make sure the "Enable" radio button is checked.
7.)Click OK to save your preference.

Next is a problem I used to have while trying to play and it was corrected if I disabled my firewall to allow it to load then I re-enabled it after.

:wavey: thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately it didn't work :( I don't know what else to do :unsure:

#8 Juliet

Juliet

SuperHelper

• 7,686 posts
  • MVP

Posted 09 April 2006 - 11:49 AM

Here is a Java link to set network settings.....Applets won't run
Scroll down to solution Network Settings button.

Pogo Game issues

Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings...

#9 Shax

Shax

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:25 AM

Ok I found out what the trouble was. I checked my addons and for some reason, java was disabled? lol I must've done it a while ago and forgot. Thanks for your help again! :)

#10 Juliet

Juliet

SuperHelper

• 7,686 posts
  • MVP

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:18 AM

:thumbup: