I'm sorry but I have look search your forum for something on java problems but did not fine anything. moveing on can you please help to install java on my computer it will not install and I have tried everything I no to do.
Thanks
CMcKee
I would like to help you with your query regarding Jave downloads.
Have you any Java installions in your Add and Remove in Control Panel ? Please go to start >settings > control panel > Add and Remove? Scroll down and uninstall any out dated Java from this link
Then go to this link and follow the instructions for your operating system.
Let us know how your go and post back if you need more information.
Hi thank you for trying to help me. I have done all of the above and it just won't download. I did all of the above before I contacted you. Is there something else I can try?
Are you getting any error messages when trying to download your Java? If so please let us know so we can research your problem further.
Are you on Broadband or dialup? This seems a very newbie question, but are you sure you are connected to the internet?
I suggest you run a pit test from the following link so we can have an overview of your system and advise you further.
http://www.pcpitstop.com
Register and create a password
Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE.
Full Tests is the first item in the left hand column of that page.
The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.
Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review.
TechExpress is the last item on the list in the yellow box in upper right area of any Results page.
Post the entire URL link information back here into this Forum thread.
Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are "flashed" onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.
If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence.
No I'm not a newbie and I'm connected to the internet and I have broadband it just will not run on my system. I have done what you ask me to do just I just wanted to reply to your response
I understand, and pardon me for asking that question, but you would be amazed that sometimes the most simple of questions corrects the problem.
Thank you for responding and hope the pit test will run so we can see the overview of your machine.
You did not respond to the "error messages query, are there any at all to research?
kind regards,
Your test as you can see has much to do. I am happy to attempt help for you.
Firstly would you check that you have all Windows Updates installed. Please go to this link to update.
You have 2 AntiVirus applications on this computer! Make sure that only one of them is allowed to perform real-time detection at a time. When multiple AntiVirus applications try to do real-time detection at the same time, they tend to lock up the computer.
Your Java is out of date, please go to Add and Remove and work through all installed software and uninstall anything you have not/will not use. This is to free up your HD. Reboot and use your cleanup utility (CCleaner) to free all temporary internet files.
OR
go to start >all programs >accessories >system tools >disk cleanup > and let it run to achieve this.
I have given you links to uninstall Java and install the latest (Java 6.0.04) in my earlier post.
cmckee wrote
I did save it on my desk top and I try to run but it will not run
What is it you have saved to your desktop?
Then I would suggest you go through all the Customized Tune Up Tips. Follow the advice given in text, do not click on the advertisements as that is all they are, follow the text for each tip after double clicking on the tip.
I hope this will help. Please post back with a new pit test when you have accomplished the above suggested tasks.
Good morning Tallin I'm sorry that I'm having such a hard time installing Java I must have forgot to tell you that I did unistall it from the add and remove I don't understand how you see it and I don't Can you please tell me where you see it so that I can remove it. I will try to do all of the other thing that you have ask me to do as best as I can. Once again thank you.
Hi Tallin, I'm so sorry but I still can't fine java do you think it may be in another program that was installed because I have look in add and remove and it is no there.
Tallin I see it in the pit test report but I don't see it in the add and remove program. I'm working on the customized tune up now. I just wanted you to know that I couldn't fine it in the add and remove programs.
I understand, don't worry that will be corrected later when you have sent the next suggested Pit Test to us.
We will solve it in the end, this is step by step, hasten slowly kind of work - that way we will get it correct for you with a successful outcome.
Best regards,
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI