This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Java will not install

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Java will not install, when I click it (I have tried to run it as admin) it will appear as 'java platform' in the processes section for a few seconds then it will disappear without a trace. I have tried everything I can find and nothing works, I have gone on clean boot I have tried EVERYTHING!!. Please help!!!

Hi and welcome to our forums.

:welcome:

 

A lots of folks are now uninstalling Java due to some security problems that have arisen from time to time.

 

1 Can you tell us what you want to use Java for… the tasks you want to run etc.,

 

2 Do you have an entry in Control panel for anything Java related?

 

3 What operating system are you using?

4 32 bit or 64 bit?

5 level of Service pack installed if any?

6 Make and model number of your computer?

7 What fails to operate due to the Java issue?

 

Post back with the information requested, and one of us will do our best to help.

Regards

paws

I agree with paws. Do you really need java? I uninstalled it a couple years ago and have not found any program that requires it since. The last holdout I had was the game Minecraft my grandson played. But even that was re-programmed sometime ago to not need java.

I recommend you don't install if you don't need it.

The US Department of Homeland Security Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) has yet to rescind their January 2013 bulletin and still recommends users disable Java in browsers.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI