Hello.
I currently have a problem with my computer. I have used a System Restore to bring my computer back to the date of February because I have had small problems. My sound was not working, and my Music would refuse to play.
I have used a System Restore to restore it to its original point to a date in February. Since they I have tried to open up System Restore, my Search key, and Email will not open. The computer is a Hewlett Packard. Im not sure if it is a problem with the Registry, but I have come here because you guys have helped me in the past with my Spyware/Virus problems.
Thank you in advance to anybody who can help me.
Are you referring to Search Keys 0.7.3 that allows you to press a number key to go to a specific search link instead of having to click the link?
When did you install this function?
You may have to re-install it, especially if it was installed since the February date of your restore point.
When did you register for your email account?
Same comment as above.
If this is online email, like yahoo or hotmail, it may be as simple as re-typing your password and username.
If this is an onboard email client like Outlook, then you may need to go into tools - connections and re-type your connection information.
I had just restored my computer to the earlier date, and when I tried to open System Restore to do it again, because I noticed my Email Screen wasnt coming up, it would not show up. There was a White box with nothing in it that does not display the options.
Email client like Outlook (Microsoft), or Thunder (Mozilla/Netscape)?
when I tried to open System Restore to do it again, because I noticed my Email Screen wasnt coming up, it would not show up. There was a White box with nothing in it that does not display the options.
Are you referring to your System Restore having a White box with nothing?
Are you not even seeing the two choice options?
Restore my computer to an earlier one
Create a restore point
Next…..Canel
Or are you referring to your email client being all White?
Im sorry. I will try to explain it a bit more.
When I try to open up System Restore, there is a Box. It is all white, but I still have the option to X out of it. Im not sure if it is a registry problem? This problem also occurs with the Search option. It will open, but the box is filled with white and I only see the Dog that helps you search. Im not sure what the problem is. But if you are not able to help me that is fine, I have trouble explaining it myself >_<
Thanks. You're explaining yourself just fine.
Both functions (Search and System Restore) are Windows System file functions.
So I'm tending to believe that some files are either missing or corrupted.
I sure don't know what "caused" them to become "missing or corrupted", but you may be able to identify and replace them using your System File Checker.
GoTo:
Start - Run - (type) sfc /scannow
Have your Windows installation CD handy, because SFC will call for it to copy and replace any missing or corrupt files.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI