This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Help Restoring My System

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had to reinstall my hard drive due to a virus. Now my computer will not return to its original state. I'm having a problem with sound and can't get online. How can I restore my computer back to it's original state? I have dell and they are trying to charge me hundreds of dollars to tell me how to do it and i can't afford that PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Hi MzBuddafly

I had to reinstall my hard drive due to a virus. Now my computer will not return to its original state.



What steps did you take to accomplish this as your statement is quoted above?
Crow is asking if you have the original Dell Windows and Drivers installation CD's.
So, for instance, do you have those CD's and is that what you used to "reinstall your hard drive"?

They would have come in the box when your computer was delivered to you.
You may not have received the Windows XP CD, but you should have received the Dell Drivers CD.
If you don't have the Windows XP CD then there will most likely be a D:\ drive partition that contains the installation for the Windows operating system.

If you "had to reinstall your hard drive" you will also have to reinstall your computer's Chipset Drivers as a first step to get things working again. Go to Dell Support and search for your specific computer to download your ChipSet Drivers for installation.

Best Regard

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI