This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

cannot restore using system restore

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi
Since I last reinstalled Windows 7, I have had occasion to do a restore at least 3 times. Nothing that really mattered if it didn't work, but each of these times system restore has failed to do a restore on my pc. I deliberately did one before writing here today and it failed to restore my pc again.

So it would seem I have a problem with my system restore? Or my pc? Or is it a case of another reinstall of Windows to fix it?

I want to work on my audio drivers, which will require me to use system restore in case what I try doesn't work, but if system restore doesn't work, I could be sunk anyway.

Can anyone shed any light on this problem and how to fix it, if there is, indeed, a fix?

Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. It will be greatly appreciated.
hedley

When I had problems with System Restore, I turned it completely off which deletes all existing restore points, then turned it on again then created a new restore point.

 

To test I would then reboot and do a restore and see if it worked.If not, then run Windows Repair All-In-One from tweaking.com. You can run the portable version so nothing needs to be installed if you want.

Hi Ztrucker, Success!  Thank you so much, and thank you for your reply and invaluable help, it is always appreciated.  I have taken note of this for the next time this happens as I'm sure this won't be the last. 

 

Now to get my Audio sorted.

 

Thank you again.

hedley

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI