Rodin
Topic Starter
I've been through the repair process several times on this Dell Dimension 8200 with 768MB RAM and 28% disk space available. My log file is at: http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=59679
When I try the repair option I get just past entering the serial number through the network question. Then it starts copying files. Not far into it I start receiving messages that "Setup cannot copyfile…" Usually it is wmi.mo_ or admxprox.dl_ or convlog.ex_ . I resort to canceling setup without copying the files. It moves to another stage, and repeats the same thing. Does this until it finishes the setup process.
I tried loading SP2. I get quite a ways into it and get the "access denied" message. I haven't tried resetting the permissions in the registry yet. Wanted to see if I can get through this repair issue to make certain all the files are valid.
One thought is that there may be a registration issue since I've had to run the repair option several times this past year due to a variety of problesm…mostly operator error.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Mike
When I try the repair option I get just past entering the serial number through the network question. Then it starts copying files. Not far into it I start receiving messages that "Setup cannot copyfile…" Usually it is wmi.mo_ or admxprox.dl_ or convlog.ex_ . I resort to canceling setup without copying the files. It moves to another stage, and repeats the same thing. Does this until it finishes the setup process.
I tried loading SP2. I get quite a ways into it and get the "access denied" message. I haven't tried resetting the permissions in the registry yet. Wanted to see if I can get through this repair issue to make certain all the files are valid.
One thought is that there may be a registration issue since I've had to run the repair option several times this past year due to a variety of problesm…mostly operator error.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Mike