Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91699 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Windows Media XP SP2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 freddy550

freddy550

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 05:12 PM

I recently installed Windows XP Media with SP2 onto my computer. It is the original operating system that came with the computer but I have never used it. The minute I got the computer I put on XP Pro Corp with SP1 because I had heard SP2 was nothing but problems. I ran the computer for about 2 years with absolutely no problem. The other day out of the blue I decided I should download SP2 and had a bunch of problems - needless to say my entire computer was screwed up. Well then I thought no big deal, will reinstall Windows XP Pro Corp and continue on - it probably being time for a format anyway. Turns out I couldn't install it - for a variety of reasons so I got out all my dell stuff out that came with the computer and installed that operating system - not a pleasant experience. Took 3 different installs before I came up with one that is halfway stable (keeping my fingers crossed). Well a few weird things have been going on: 1) I have used Sygate for years but now it keeps disappearing on me (I don't think its a conflict with SP2 because I have SP2 on my laptop and I run Sygate with no problem). 2) Also my home page with is generic yahoo loads really weird - sometimes it will be a normal full page; others it is just 1/3 of the page. This happens if I am using IE or Mozilla. 3) I can install iTunes but can't play hardly any of my music because it is extremely distorted. Now, I will say that during installs 1-3 one problem that was always present was that I had no audio at all - obviously it might be a problem with the drivers (sound card was fine before I started doing all this). Also songs are distorted in winamp as well. 4) I primarily use mozilla and on one site, I have my password saved........never had a problem with that before. Now if I close my browser down and reopen it, I'm not still signed in. The information is there but I manually have to click on sign in when I've never had to do that before. I have my personal stuff cleared when the browser shuts down, but I have always had that - is this indicative of SP2? I wasn't sure if i should post this to windows problems or to browser - LD Tate was helping me with malware/spyware problems and suggested this one because of the yahoo page specifically

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 freddy550

freddy550

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:08 PM

Please close this file..........everything is all taken care of! Thanks!

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,929 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 01:19 AM

:thumbup:
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate