This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Failed Boot

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I tweaked my registry, but prior to tweaking I backed up the registry to a second hard drive using the backup utility of windows xp pro. After completing the tweaking I attempted to reboot. Reboot failed, I tried safe mode reboot, again it failed, I attempted, every option in the F-8 menu failed. The boot goes so far, stops and then starts the boot process again, and again and again. I can get the computer to a dos prompt using the XP instalation disk. Ay suggestions short of reinstalling windows XP. I could use information on restoring the registry back up without XP running. Any help would be appreciated.