Hi everyone,
I was trying to find xp's repair function.
CD drive was uploading some functions.
Them all of a sudden we had an electricity break.
When it was back I put on my pc.
Everything seemed normal but after the "PCI device listing.."
came "Verifying DMI Pool Data…" line and stopped like that.
I tried several times but nothing to do, nothing chaged:
"Verifying DMI Pool Data…" and stays like this.
I'm writing this from another pc now.
Please help me! This is very critical and urgent.
(by the way, I don't have a boot diskette)
Thank you in advance:
Jumpintip
Hi there
I'm really hopeless. Is there anyone out there to help me?
I'm resending this topic with a new description thinking maybe
the first was wrong because nobody seem to be interested in it,
or maybe there's no cure to it. I don't know. But I didn't move
from here for 8 hours. Please, any sign would be deeply appreciated.
Here's my first topic again, pasted below:
" Help! Help! Help! Urgentissimo!, BIG PROBLEM AFTER ELECTRICITY BREAK
Posted: Nov 10 2004, 02:17 PM
Hi everyone,
I was trying to find xp's repair function.
CD drive was uploading some functions.
Them all of a sudden we had an electricity break.
When it was back I put on my pc.
Everything seemed normal but after the "PCI device listing.."
came "Verifying DMI Pool Data…" line and stopped like that.
I tried several times but nothing to do, nothing chaged:
"Verifying DMI Pool Data…" and stays like this.
I'm writing this from another pc now.
Please help me! This is very critical and urgent.
(by the way, I don't have a boot diskette)
Thank you in advance:
Jumpintip "
I have merged your two topics - please stay with this one.
Most of our problems that we help with in thos board - if not all - are related to removal of malware from people computers.
So most of our experts are used to those sorts of problems - almost exclusively.
Yours sounds like a hardware fault or a windows fault unrelated to malware.
I can give you some suggestions.
1. Have you tried safe mode - or does that not work too.
2. If you have another computer you could try using that machine with the harddrive from your dead one as a slave drive to get your data off.
I think you may be in for a reinstall of the operating system.
Thousands of excuses!!!
Please forgive me ChrisRLG.
I really didn't realise what I was doing at that
time crying for help. Now I do. Sorry.
I've sold the problem by myself with an old
rescue disk W98 of the manifacturer than reinstalled
xp pro.
Thanks and sorry again.
jumpintip
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it
reopened, please send us an email (Click here to email) with a link to your thread.
Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid,
working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used.
If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI